A 25-year-old Russian lady identified as Anastasia Scherbinina has died after her smartphone fell into the water while taking her bath.
It was gathered that the lady, an office worker, who work once as an aide with a local MP, was taking her bath when she was electrocuted at her home in Novosibirsk.
The tragedy follows warnings from the Russian authorities and police over a succession of deaths from electric shock by young people using phones in baths.
According to a report from law enforcement, which stated that the lady took a bath before going to sleep, and had her smartphone with her which was almost out of charge.
The report revealed that she used a power cable so as not to be apart even when taking bath before the phone dropped on the water before she was electrocuted.
However, in the report, the law enforcement officer stated in his words, “She took a bath before going to sleep and had her smartphone with her which was almost out of charge.”
The law enforcement officer, while stating further also explained that “It was almost out of charge, so she used a power cable, so as not to be apart with the smartphone even when taking a bath.
He went further to explained that, “She dropped the phone and was electrocuted. Adding that, “She died instantly.”
However, the Police are have explained to be investigating the circumstances surrounding her death.
Thank you for taking your time in reading through our Journal Today. We wish to always provide you with qualitative Stories as far as GOOD-JOURNALISM is CONCERN. But good journalism costs a lot of money and only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, accountability democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism, we ask you to consider subscribing to our daily news updates.